Cancellation / Refund Policy
1. Cancellation The Parties agree that should the Owner, or the Manager on behalf of the Owner, cancel this Agreement as a result of a breach of the Agreement by the Tenant, or the Tenant cancels this Agreement for any reason whatsoever, subsequent to the payment of any amount payable by the Tenant in terms of this Agreement, then the deposit shall be governed by the terms and conditions stated below:
(a) If the Tenant requests a cancellation the following cancellation fees will apply:
– For bookings cancelled more than three months prior to arrival date a 20% cancellation fee is charged.
– For bookings cancelled between 90 and 60 days of arrival date a cancellation fee of 35% of the Rental is charged.
– For bookings cancelled between 60 and 30 days of arrival date a cancellation fee of 50% of the Rental is charged.
– For bookings cancelled less than 30 days from arrival date a cancellation fee of 100% of the Rental is charged.
– Refunds and waiver of cancellation policies are at the discretion of management and the ability to find alternative tenants timeously. We advise all clients to obtain cancellation insurance.
1.2. If the Premises should be unsuitable for occupation as a result of a force majeure, the Manager shall be entitled to cancel the reservation Agreement; and the Manager shall reimburse the Tenant a pro rata portion of the Rental for the period that the Premises were rendered uninhabitable.
1.3. If before or during the Occupation Period, the Manager should cancel this Agreement or the Tenant should cancel the reservation Agreement as a result of a breach of any of the terms of the Agreements by the Owner, the Manager shall reimburse a pro rata portion of the Rental for the period that the Tenant did not occupy the Premises;
1.4. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein contained, should the Premises, for any reason whatsoever, not be suitable for occupation by the Tenant, resulting in the cancellation of this Agreement, the Tenant hereby agrees to authorize the Manager to arrange such alternative accommodation (on the same or similar terms and conditions contained in this Agreement) for the duration or remainder of the Occupation Period.
1.5. The Parties further agree that the Manager shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for any inconvenience and/or loss that the Tenant may suffer as a result of any such relocation;
1.6. The Manager shall use its best endeavors to arrange alternative accommodation that is substantially similar to the Premises;
1.7. The costs of any such relocation and alternative accommodation arising from a force majeure shall be settled from the Rental paid and should such funds not be sufficient to cover such costs, the balance will be for the Tenant’s account.
1.8. The costs of any such relocation and alternative accommodation arising from the Owner being in breach of this Agreement shall be settled from and limited to amount of the Rental funds paid.