CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE / MARCH 2020
Totalstay is sensitive to the uncertainties and fears being experienced by guests planning to travel in the near future. We completely understand that they may currently feel uncomfortable travelling and have therefore amended our terms and conditions as well as our cancellation policy as below. (not applicable to any third party bookings)
This should give our guests the opportunity to plan and book their incredible journey to visit us in South Africa, safe in the knowledge that an amendment can be made to their booking without cancellation penalties.
We still recommend and would insist that all guests take out comprehensive personal travel insurance and that they check the schedule of included benefits thoroughly. Most insurance companies have an option to purchase an insurance plan with a ‘Cancel for Any Reason’ clause which should cover any trip cancellations for pandemics. Current insurance plans that offer insurance may only cover this in the event the guest is physically quarantined.
Our staff have always followed a strict hygiene code and understand the importance (now more than ever) of regular, consistent hand washing. As an extra precaution, we have placed additional hand sanitizers in the public areas.
New Terms and Conditions are valid for new and confirmed bookings for travel from the 1st March 2020 up until the 31st December 2020.
- Should a guest of Totalstay not wish to travel on the dates booked due to the COVID-19 outbreak, this booking may be amended and moved by up to 12 months at the same 2020 rates.
- Please note that only one amendment to travel dates may be made and should the season change to a higher rate, the new rate will be applied and charged accordingly.
- Amendments may be only be made once on any booking and may be made up to 30 days prior to travel.
- Outright cancellations of bookings with Totalstay; cancellations within 30 days prior to travel; or cancellations due to the World Health Organization (WHO) issuing an advisory against traveling to South Africa will result in our standard terms and conditions and cancellation policies and guests will be required to claim a refund from their travel insurance.
- We have the right to alter these terms and conditions at any time and will send out notifications of these changes.
For more information about COVID-19 in South Africa, click here.