The Cape Town Inner City offers an exciting opportunity for savvy property developers planning to purchase holiday apartments. Over the years, this area has become a vibrant, up and coming hub in the very heart of the Cape Town CBD. For visitors, the area offers a central, safe location that is within walking distance to some of the city’s most famous attractions. Leisure and business travellers alike have the benefit of being close to everything. As the city continues to evolve, the demand for central holiday apartment grows, too. This means that there are a number of well-placed apartments on offer for those wanting to enter the short term property space.
What makes the Inner City a good choice for your investment, and what else should you know about buying holiday apartments in the heart of the CBD?
Why Consider Holiday Apartments in the Cape Town Inner City?
The Inner City could be considered the heart of the CBD. The broader City Centre encompasses a number of precincts and neighbourhoods that include the Inner City. The very centre of it all is where some of the most sought-after properties are found, alongside iconic historical landmarks, tourist attractions, commercial enterprises, restaurants, bars and other sights. Some reasons to consider this area for your investment include the following:
- Urban renewal. In the last year alone, the Inner City has seen a number of renewal schemes take place. Thanks to continued investment in the area, along with the presence of the Cape Town Central City Improvement District (CCID), the urban hub of the Mother City has become a safe, modern centre that can be explored by foot. Instead of demolishing the older buildings, much work has been done to retain the rich heritage of the city. Buildings have been restored, resulting in a revived Inner City that celebrates its unique heritage.
- Huge demand. There is no doubt that holiday apartments are in high demand, across all parts of the city. In the very heart of the CBD however, apartments are especially sought-after by travellers. Apartments range in price depending on the location, size and block. Purchasing a holiday apartment in this area is an excellent investment with the potential for huge rewards. Accommodation in central areas is matched only by ocean facing villas in terms of demand, making apartments even more of a worthwhile investment.
- Lock up and go convenience. One of the factors that makes apartments so popular among accommodation seekers is the convenience factor. Blocks in the heart of the city are designed to provide a secure, access controlled accommodation that is easy and convenient. Self-catered apartments are ideal for almost every type of traveller, with all the comforts of home and a host of shared facilities such as fitness centres and roof top swimming pools often on offer.
- Tourist attractions. Adderley Street is one of the most significant areas in the Inner City. Around this street lie some of the city’s top attractions, including the South African National Museum and Company Gardens, the South African National Gallery, Greenmarket Square and Long Street. Many of these attractions are within walking distance.
- Commercial landmarks. The heart of the city is also home to many national and global headquarters. Banking groups such as Absa are found here, while facilities such as the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) is a short distance away on the Foreshore. Shops, businesses and various other premises are also found here.
Already own property in the Inner City? Totalstay can help you maximise your bookings for the ultimate growth. We offer a full service approach to short term property rental, which includes everything from active marketing strategies to day to day management, booking calendar management, concierge services and so much more.