The Cape Town holiday rental investment market comprises a number of popular areas – many of which fall along the Atlantic Seaboard. This stretch of coastline includes some of the city’s most exclusive suburbs. The Victoria & Alfred Waterfront is a relatively new suburb on the Atlantic Seaboard that has consistently attracted visitors since its development in the 1990s. Home to an internationally acclaimed shopping centre, aquarium, bustling harbour and a diversity of restaurants, this area is also a prime location for holiday rentals.
For investors seeking a lucrative area, the Waterfront offers a number of unique benefits for holiday rental investment. From its central location to its picture-perfect views, this suburb is a haven for holidaymakers, families, singles, couples and corporate travellers.
Why Consider Holiday Rental Investment in the V&A Waterfront?
What makes the Cape Town Waterfront such an excellent choice for holiday rental investment? Some of the biggest advantages to purchasing holiday property in this area include the following:
- Caters to a diversity of travel markets. Leisure travellers are drawn to the area for its proximity to major tourist attractions. Business travellers meanwhile have the benefit of being minutes away from the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) and the CBD. Accommodation in the area comprises a wide selection of apartments that appeal to a wide range of travellers.
- Luxury quayside living. The majority of apartments in this area overlook the harbour, with many also offering mountain views. For high-end travellers who are docking yachts or power boats, being on the water’s edge has even more benefit. Even without a water craft however, waking up to idyllic views of boats, seagulls and seals creates the perfect holiday mood for visitors.
- Retail, dining and entertainment. With the renowned V&W Waterfront Mall in walking distance to most apartments, shopping, dining and entertainment is as easy as taking a stroll around the harbour. The mall is home to a large percentage of luxury designer boutiques, as well as fine restaurants, coffee shops, bars and entertainment options. From the Cape Town Comedy Club to cinemas, outdoor movies screened during summer months, there are often live music and plenty of other events taking place throughout the year.
- Family-friendly fun. The area is a haven for families as well. The Two Oceans Aquarium is one of the Waterfront’s most treasured attractions, while the Mineral World Scratch Patch, Wheel of Excellence and regular kid’s activity programmes further cement the area’s reputation as a kid-friendly destination.
- Lucrative area offering plenty of opportunity. While property prices are relatively high here, income potential is also significant. Visitors are prepared to pay for the luxury of being in one of the most sought-after tourist destinations in the city. Accommodation here often falls within the premium range, making this an excellent opportunity for holiday rental investment.
The best way to ensure that your holiday rental investment succeeds is to consider working with an experienced, skilled holiday rental property manager. A good manager will not only market your property across multiple channels – they will also develop custom strategies for growth. Day to day management, concierge services, bookings management and all the other aspects of managing the property are also provided. This leaves you free to focus on the myriad other projects you have going, with peace of mind knowing that your holiday rental investment is in good hands.