Wondering how to market your holiday let investment to honeymooners? The romantic travel market makes up a growing percentage of the overall Cape Town travel market. As the Mother City’s reputation continues to attract visitors from all over the world, more couples than ever before are considering the Cape for their honeymoon. It’s not just new couples who love the city, either. Many couples visit the city to enjoy a romantic getaway, or to celebrate an anniversary. Some couples return every year after getting wed in Cape Town.
For savvy property owners, what is the best way to market a holiday let investment to the honeymoon travel sector?
Holiday Let Investment for the Honeymoon Travel Sector
While for the most part, the needs of honeymooners and romantic couples are much like any other leisure traveller, this market has a few unique requirements that sets it apart from other groups within the broader holiday market. Being aware of these requirements, and optimising your holiday let investment accordingly is the best way to target this travel group. Some tips to keep in mind include the following:
- Privacy. Private, sheltered properties tend to be more appealing than busy, shared abodes that offer little to no exclusivity. With that in mind, consider how you can make your property feel like a tranquil retreat that is romantic and quiet. Some property renovations can add a great deal of value to your rental success. Private plunge pools, sheltered gardens, Jacuzzi tubs and exclusive-use pool decks or roof-tops will all add a sense of privacy, making your listing far more attractive to couples.
- Convenience. If your property is in a central area that is close to restaurants and attractions, you are in luck. If however your property is a little out of the way, consider how you can make it easier for guests to enjoy a well-rounded stay. You could offer car hire at a small extra cost, or make a map of the nearest landmarks.
- Luxury. Few things can compete with being pampered during a romantic holiday. How can you ensure that your guests are thoroughly spoiled during their honeymoon? Details such as soft robes, quality toiletries, a fridge stocked with decent bubbly and other special treats, heated towel rails, fresh flowers and other extras will allow guests to enjoy their stay to the fullest.
- Concierge. On a similar note, there is a reason that managed holiday rentals have become the preferred choice for today’s traveller. A managed rental will provide the ultimate experience, offering everything from concierge services to housekeeping, butlers, private chefs and other services that add value to your guests.
- Facilities. Honeymooners typically seek out compact accommodation that is suitable for two people. This could be a villa or an apartment. What matters the most is the facilities offered by the accommodation provider. Like leisure travellers, honeymooners expect all the basics – television and entertainment system, en-suite bathrooms, swimming pool, fully equipped kitchen with washer, drier and dishwasher, air-conditioning, closet space and comfortable seating. How can you add a touch of romance to your holiday let investment to make it even more enticing? Decor and small touches can go a long way in helping guests make the final decision on where to book, as can good photographs. Put yourself in the shoes of a couple in love, and think of how you can transform your property into a cosy, inviting haven.
As an experienced short term rental property manager specialising in Cape Town property, Totalstay helps property owners get the best returns on holiday let investment. To find out more about our unique service offering, contact us today and let us know how we can assist you.