Thinking about investing in Camps Bay vacation villas? This area is home to some of the most sought-after holiday rentals in all of Cape Town. Situated on the Atlantic Seaboard, Camps Bay is an oasis that attracts a large number of holidaymakers to its glamorous shores. With flawless beaches, dazzling scenery and vibrant cocktail culture, the suburb also boasts a variety of luxurious vacation villas.
What makes Camps Bay an excellent choice for short term rental property investments? Let’s take a closer look at what this area has to offer savvy investors.
Top Reasons to Invest in Camps Bay Vacation Villas
Camps Bay has often been compared to the French Riviera. The azure waters of the Atlantic Ocean, combined with a long coastal road dotted with sidewalk cafes, cocktail bars, restaurants and shops, are set against a backdrop of the Twelve Apostles mountain range. Like any coastal city, Cape Town’s beaches are a lure that many holidaymakers are unable to resist.
The Atlantic coastline, and in particular its suburbs such as Camps Bay have become synonymous with high-end travel. Properties in this area include some of the most valuable, exclusive real estate in South Africa. For smart investors wanting to take advantage of the enviable location, vacation villas in this area offer many unique benefits. Top reasons to consider this area for your property investment include the following:
- World-class beaches. Honeymooners, families and other leisure seekers are drawn to the ocean. Camps Bay visitors include domestic as well as international tourists, who are in search of a location that is in close reach of the beach. The area is home to Camps Bay Beach – a large beach that has enjoyed Blue Flag status since 2008. Additional beaches in the area include Oudekraal, Glen Beach, Maiden’s Cove and Bakoven.
- Ocean and mountain views. For many visitors to Cape Town, sea and mountain views are a pre-requisite when searching for accommodation. Waking up to views of the Atlantic Ocean spanning as far as the eye can see is second only to the sight of a famous sunset over the ocean. The combination of both sea and mountain views have made Camps Bay one of the most scenic destinations along the coast.
- Luxury accommodation. Properties in this area typically fall within the 4 and 5-star grading range. Visitors expect a high level of quality, and are willing to pay premium rates to enjoy a premium accommodation experience. Luxurious vacation villas that cater to high-end travel markets offer the most lucrative of all short term rentals.
- Cocktail culture. In Camps Bay, it’s all about the lifestyle. The summer months are particularly perfect for visitors seeking to indulge and unwind. With an assortment of trendy bars, cafes and restaurants found along the palm-lined beachfront, this area was made for relaxation. The majority of villas here offer spacious decks, balconies and patios, with swimming pools, sun loungers and hot tubs adding to the sense of luxury. Private chefs, butlers and other bespoke concierge services help guests experience the ultimate vacation, further cementing Camps Bay’s reputation for first-rate travel.
- Central location. While certainly not short of its own attractions, Camps Bay is also in easy reach of many other nearby landmarks, beaches and activities. Clifton’s beaches are a stone’s throw away, while the renowned V&A Waterfront is also in easy reach. Green Point, Sea Point, Llanudno and other Atlantic Seaboard destinations are a short drive away, while the Cape Town CBD can be accessed by Uber or private cab in minutes. This centrality has made the area ideal for visitors wanting to be close to all the action, while still being able to enjoy those picture-perfect sea views.
If you have a property in Camps Bay and you would like to learn more about transforming it into a vacation rental, Totalstay is here to help. We offer a full range of managed vacation rental solutions for property owners. From day to day management to concierge, bookings and active promotion across a broad range of marketing channels, we have the experience and expertise to assist. Contact us today to find out more about managed vacation villas, or to arrange an evaluation of your property.