Even the smallest of details can make a difference when it comes to guests making repeat bookings at your holiday letting property. Many investment property owners focus on the basics, without considering the small touches that can often go a long way in making guests feel at home.
What sets a good holiday letting property apart from a cheap hotel or less than inviting B&B is its ability to offer guests a place that is inviting, luxurious and welcoming. Your property may look good on paper. It may be furnished with modern furniture that looks great. You may even have a few facilities that have been carefully chosen to enhance your guests’ sense of comfort. Have you remembered the little touches that really make or break your guests’ stay however?
Why No Holiday Letting Property Should Overlook the Small Details
Think about the last time you went away. You may have been especially impressed with the way that your hosts stocked the fridge with foods you actually enjoy eating. You might have found the guest concierge very useful. You may even have slept better due to the luxurious bedding and electric blanket that kept you warm. These small touches seem like a waste of resources to property owner, and yet they can often be the final deciding factor between an okay review and a really good review.
Which details should every holiday letting property include? Let’s take a look…
- Fruit baskets. This may sound uninspiring, but a carefully prepared fruit basket made up of high quality fruits will almost always be welcome. The trick here is to choose fruit that is a little under-ripe and prepare the basket as close to your guests’ arrival time as possible.
- Fresh flowers. These make your property smell good, and look good. Imagine your guests’ reactions when they arrive at your property to be welcomed, then see a beautiful display of fragrant flowers at the entrance or on the dining room table. Ideally, you should find out if your guests have any allergies beforehand. Fresh flowers may not be ideal for hayfever sufferers.
- Welcome packs. All Totalstay properties include tailored welcome packs that are designed to help guests feel at home. This is one of many reasons to work with a dedicated short term rental manager, who will be able to design and implement welcome packs that will be genuinely useful to guests.
- Scented candles. These are very useful to have on hand in your bathroom. Guest bathrooms are an important feature in any rental. Candles add ambiance, helping your guests to relax during their stay.
- Electric blankets. During the cool winter months, these are an essential feature for any guest bedroom. Other touches that can enhance your guests’ sleep include high thread count bedding, Essential oil burners, bedside water jugs and glasses, and humidifiers for the dry summer months.
- Stocked kitchens. Fresh milk and fruit juice, a selection of spreads, freshly baked bread, crackers and cookies, a few tins of vegetables and beans, quality tea and coffee, sugar, rusks, pasta, rice, olive oil, fresh eggs and a selection of cheeses will all be appreciated by most guests.
- Unexpected details. Slippers, robes, underfloor heating, heated towel rails, fridges stocked with guest favourites, vouchers to local spa, food delivery menus, and other thoughtful touches can also help to ensure repeat bookings.
Looking for more information on partnering with an experienced short term rental manager? We offer everything from day to day management to booking management, guest concierge and comprehensive marketing. Contact us today to find out how to get started with expert management for your holiday letting property.