For investors considering the Atlantic Seaboard in Cape Town, Green Point offers an excellent area for vacation rental investment. This area lies between De Waterkant and Sea Point, just minutes from the V&A Waterfront and the CBD. Vacation rentals in this area comprise a variety of property types, from spacious ocean-facing villas to trendy apartments offering the amenities of a first-rate hotel.
Today, we’re taking a closer look at Green Point to see what makes this area a prime choice for vacation rental investment.
Vacation Rental Investment in Green Point Cape Town
An affluent suburb on the Atlantic Seaboard, Green Point has the best of a few worlds. Ocean views can be enjoyed from many parts of the area, while mountain and urban views also prevail. A close proximity to major landmarks and commercial headquarters have made the area a haven for young professionals. It’s also popular amongst LBGT visitors and residents, with a number of prominent gay bars found in the area.
For leisure travellers, the area offers a number of distinct advantages – particularly when it comes to accommodation. Some of the top reasons to consider Green Point for your vacation rental investment include the following:
- Diverse area that attracts diverse travel markets. From honeymooners to holidaymakers; corporate travellers to families, Green Point appeals to almost every travel group. The suburbs central location, scenic surrounds, proximity to commercial district, excellent nightlife and family-friendly attractions make this area a sought-after choice for many travellers. For investors, this means consistent bookings, throughout the year.
- Wide variety of properties. Green Point is also diverse in its property offering – another plus for investors. Apartments make up a large percentage of properties here, with many top quality buildings to be found. For entry level property investors, this offers an excellent way to break into the market without the higher cost of villa prices. For visitors, this means a good variety of accommodation options that cater to various requirements and budgets.
- World-class attractions. Green Point is home to a number of notable tourist attractions. These include Green Point Urban Park – a pristine wetland that is free for the public to enjoy; Cape Town Stadium – a major feature built for the 2010 FIFA World Soccer Cup that was hosted in Cape Town; the bustling main road of Somerset Road and the start of the promenade.
- Cafe culture. Another reason that Green Point has gained popularity as a holiday destination is its huge range of restaurants, cafes, bars and eateries. Somerset Road and its surrounding side streets house a variety of dining options that cater to all tastes and budgets. With Uber and other cab services, guests are able to head out from their villa or apartment and enjoy a night on the town without venturing too far.
- Central, scenic location. From its vantage point on the Atlantic Seaboard, Green Point is just minutes from the Waterfront, while being equally close to the CBD and De Waterkant. Thanks to urban developments such as the Fan Walk, it’s even possible to walk between Green Point, the Waterfront and some parts of the CBD. The beaches of Camps Bay are less than 10 minutes away, while the airport, the Cape Winelands and major access roads can also be easily accessed from Green Point. As for the views, many visitors are lured by the balance of ocean, mountain and urban expanses made famous in guidebooks and brochures.
Already own property in Green Point? Managed vacation rental may just be the best way to get the most from your vacation rental investment. Totalstay offers a full range of services that include bookings management, day to day maintenance, active promotion across multiple channel, concierge and tailored strategies that help you get the best results. To learn more about our unique approach to vacation rental investment management, simply contact us today to arrange an evaluation of your property.