Wondering how to take your short term rental from one star to five stars? For most short term rental owners, ratings are a valuable tool that can help to grow your reputation, attract guests and ultimately make sure that your investment sees a return. Poor ratings are dreaded on many levels, not least because they can affect your overall rating on Airbnb and social media.
How can you make sure that your short term holiday rental gets the ratings it deserves? Keep reading to find out how to get more stars for your rental.
How to Get More Stars for Your Short Term Holiday Rental
Some of the ways that you could get a higher star rating for your short term holiday rental include the following:
- Keep your listings accurate and honest. Transparency is essential in this industry. Most of the rentals that have four or more stars are typically transparent and honest about what guests can expect. One of the top reasons for holiday letting complaints is listings that are not completely honest. If you use words such as spacious, large and open to describe a tiny urban studio, you can see why guests may be upset when they arrive to find a cramped bachelor unit instead of a large apartment.
- Make it easy for guests to reach you. Communication is equally important. Guests that are personally welcomed and given a high degree of customer service at every point during their stay are far less likely to complain. Those who battle to reach you however will quickly get frustrated. Even if there are no emergencies, your guests should always be able to reach you with questions on your rental as well as nearby attractions, restaurants or shops.
- Provide a consistent experience. On that note, the keyword here is consistent. If you welcome guests personally, only to vanish as soon as they have checked-in, you are not showing your guests that you are genuinely interested. If, on the other hand, you provide a world-class welcome pack and back that up with good service for the remainder of your guests’ stay, they are likely to rate your property higher.
- Under-promise and over-deliver. The quickest route to disappointment is over-promising and under-delivering. If you are luring guests with an inviting offer, only to leave them hanging when they arrive, you will have no hope of a good rating. This goes back to our point on transparency and honesty. Keep your listings simple, then wow guests when they arrive to truly blow them away.
- Provide genuine value to guests. Finally, another way to encourage better ratings is to offer genuine value. This could be done through city guides that are tailored to your audience, a stocked fridge, concierge services, add-on options such as tours and car hire, free transfers or anything else that shows guests that you are serious about wanting them to feel at home. It is often these small touches that make the most difference.
Above all else, one of the most effective ways to generate better rental reviews, ratings and repeat bookings is to work with an experienced short term rental manager. To find out more about how a manager helps you improve your short term holiday rental efforts, contact us today.