Wondering how to create enticing holiday accommodation packages for your short term rental? Upselling is a smart strategy that allows you to ‘sell’ additional services that add value to your guests. Whether you offer tours, car hire, private chefs or even personal butler services, there are a number of ways that you can go over and beyond to help your guests enjoy the holiday of a lifetime.
To help you perfect your holiday accommodation offer, we have put together a list of the most sought-after upselling offers to add to your villa or apartment rental.
Upselling Holiday Accommodation
Some of the simplest ways to upsell holiday accommodation include the following services:
- Tours. Whether you partner with a local tour company, or offer personalised tours that can be tailored to your guests’ preferences, tours are an excellent way to upsell accommodation. This adds plenty of value. Many guests may not know how to book or arrange tours during their stay, or may not want to waste time trying to find the right tour company. In Cape Town, popular tours include shark cage diving, city tours, Cape Wine Route tours, Cape Point tours, trips to Boulders Beach and walking tours. Food and wine tours can also be done in the nearby Constantia Winelands, while craft breweries and artisan chocolate producers are also found within areas such as Woodstock.
- Car Hire. Partnering with a trusted car hire company is also a good way to offer more value to your guests during their stay. Many guests may decide to wait until they have arrived before considering car rental. If you offer this while the booking is being completed, you will be able to add plenty of value. You could also consider scooter or bicycle hire as an alternative to traditional car hire.
- Private Chef. Many villas in top areas such as Camps Bay have their own chefs on hand. Promoting this service will help you increase your nightly stay amount, while offering a value added service to your guests. Private chefs should be highly skilled and able to produce a range of meals for breakfast, lunch, dinners and snacks. They should also be able to create meals on request, to suit dietary restrictions or personal preferences.
- Personal Butler. On a similar note, a personal butler can also add plenty of value for guests. Butlers take on a number of roles, from cooking to food serving and basic housekeeping. If you invest in comprehensive short term rental management, you will have the benefit of housekeeping services Monday to Friday. A personal butler helps on weekends and after hours.
- Chauffeur. You could also consider offering chauffeur services for the guests who prefer not to drive themselves. Look for a local company that offers a range of vehicles, along with references that you can personally check before hiring them for your guests. This will add a great touch of luxury, which in turn helps to create the perfect holiday setting for your guests.