When it comes to self catering apartments that cater to honeymooning couples, luxury goes hand in hand with convenience and romance. Unlike a short term rental prepared for business travellers, a rental that caters to romantic travellers needs to be designed with romance in mind. While you can follow general tips on how to prepare your rental, it is always a good idea to think over and beyond the ordinary to ensure that your apartment is suitable for a couple to take their first holiday together after tying the knot.
Cape Town has become a popular choice for honeymoons and destination weddings. With its abundance of beaches, scenic routes, restaurants, wine farms and sights, it goes without saying that the Mother City was designed for romance. When it comes to self catering apartments, there are also an abundance of properties for couples to choose from across the city. Whether or not those apartments cater specifically for honeymooners however is another story.
Equipping Self Catering Apartments for Honeymoons
How can you create a romantic atmosphere that transforms self catering apartments into honeymoon-worthy destinations? Let’s take a look…
- Spa bathrooms. Luxurious bathrooms with large spa tubs, rain showers, saunas, his and her sinks and other touches will help to create an inviting retreat for your guests. Don’t forget to include extra touches such as bath sheets, slippers, face masks, pampering toiletries, candles, essential oil burners, heated towel rails and other details that will make your guests feel as though they were at a luxury spa.
- Luxurious bedrooms. The bedroom is equally important. King or queen sized beds with electric blankets, down or wool duvets, high thread count bedding, walk-in closets, fresh flowers, chocolates, candles, music players, fireplaces and other touches will help to create a romantic setting. Extras such as canopy beds will go a long way, too!
- Stocked fridges. After getting an idea of what your guests like to eat and drink, you can stock the fridge accordingly. If your guests drink, be sure to have a bottle of bubbly in the fridge. Other things to include could be strawberries and cream, salmon and cream cheese, white wine, a selection of cheeses, fresh vegetables, soda water, chocolate mousse and any other treats that your guests can enjoy.
- Leisurely living areas. Your guests will likely be out and about exploring the city. You can create a welcome retreat for them to relax on arriving back at your apartment with a selection of romantic movies, a collection of jazz, soul and easy listening CDs, comfortable couches with plenty of plush blankets and pillows, board games and snacks.
- Other touches. Chances are high that your guests will want to explore during their honeymoon. Make sure that your welcome pack includes a guide to attractions in the city, along with a range of nearby restaurants and contacts. This will go a long way in helping your guests enjoy their stay.
The best way to ensure that your apartment is ready for honeymooners and any other type of guest is to invest in comprehensive short term rental management that covers everything from bookings to day to day management, guest concierge and marketing. To learn more how a short term rental manager helps take self catering apartments to the next level, contact us today.