There are many different types of short term vacation rental guest. From business travellers in search of modern, well-positioned rentals, all the way to large groups, small groups, solo travellers and couples, each type of guest has their own unique needs. Knowing what each type of guest wants can go a long way in helping you position your rental for maximum growth.
Today on the blog, we are taking a closer look at the most common type of short term vacation rental guests to give you some tips on how to target your rental to each type of guest.
Short Term Vacation Rental Guests
Does your property cater to any of these short term vacation rental guests? Here are a few of the most common types that you may encounter along the way.
- The Business Traveller. Business travellers can often be solo travellers, but they have very different needs to a leisure traveller who may be travelling alone. Unlike those travelling on vacation, business travellers are looking for somewhere that they can work. Features that attract these travellers include reliable WiFi or fiber internet connections, workspaces fitted with international plug points, and accommodation that is central, safe and easy to lock up and go.
- The Solo Traveller. Solo travellers are also serious about vacation rental security. For this type of traveller, the things that would be most useful include a convenient location, safe rental, compact property and thoughtful touches such as food delivery menus, city guides and welcome packs. Travellers who stay alone will likely not need as much space as couples or groups. Guest concierge would also be useful.
- The Couple. Couples are typically seeking compact accommodation that is suitable for honeymoons or romance. Make sure that you have enough welcome packs, cutlery, glassware and kitchen items for two people, and be sure to stock up your fridge with treats if you know that your couple is travelling on a romantic vacation. Some couples may not be in a relationship, but rather travelling in pairs.
- The Small Group. This group includes families travelling with kids, along with groups of friends, work groups on team building getaways and organised tour groups. These guests typically seek out medium sized properties that have two or three bedrooms, preferably with en-suite bathrooms. Privacy, security and space are important for any group. For smaller groups, this can be easier to achieve as fewer bedrooms are needed.
- The Large Group. With larger groups, space becomes a little more tricky. These groups often look for properties that have plenty of bedrooms with twin beds, as well as extra sleeper couches that can be used for kids or guests. Space is always needed here. You may even consider bunk beds to provide more space for larger groups.
Whatever the size of your groups, whatever the type of guests your main target market may be, and whatever the size of your rental, a good short term rental manager is invaluable to your success. A manager will provide a host of services, from marketing to day to day management, guest concierge, bookings and more. Contact us today if you’d like to talk more about how a manager helps you achieve short term vacation rental success.